WOUND MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT
PERMANENT FULL TIME
EASTERN & WESTERN ZONE – NOVA SCOTIA
igility, a subsidiary of Health Association Nova Scotia (HANS), is an organization focused on customized innovation solutions in all aspects of our members’ evolving business needs. We leverage knowledge, technology, and expertise from more than 60 years’ experience in health care ranging from, but not limited to: Safe Patient Handling Solutions; Consulting and Advisory Services; Human Resource & Financial Service Consulting; and Project Design; and Implementation & Management. We collaboratively seek opportunities to deliver greater business efficiency to allow our members more time to dedicate to core business activities with the goal of extending the reach of budgets and enhancing the quality of care.
The Wound Management Program was started by the Nova Scotia Department of Health and Wellness (DHW) in April 2021. DHW has partnered with igility/HANS to oversee and deliver the provincial program by supporting the continuing care sector which includes all the licensed funded long-term care providers and DHW-funded home care providers that provide nursing services. The foundation for this program is assisting the sector in taking a consistent approach in the prevention and management of evidence-informed wound care, improve wound management outcomes and build capacity through knowledge transfer within the continuing care sector.
About the Role:
The ideal candidate will join an existing team to support a new provincial program for the prevention, assessment, and management of wounds in Long-Term Care and Home Care through a person-centered care approach. The consultant is an essential part of the community health care team to meet the needs of clients/residents with complex and challenging wounds to achieve optimal clinical outcomes. The consultant supports evidence-informed wound care, to improve outcomes for health care team members across the continuum of care in home/community and long-term care by providing program support, consultation, education and capacity building in the prevention and management of wounds.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Associate degree in Nursing or graduation from an accredited and approved nursing program
- Minimum of one (1) year of related leadership experience is required
- Registered in good standing with the Nova Scotia College of Nursing
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant clinical experience in wound care required, combined with previous work experience within a clinical practice environment in home/community and/or long-term care is required
- Ability to speak and write French an asset
- Experience in adult education/teaching experience considered an asset
- Successful completion of a recognized wound care program is required such as:
- International Interdisciplinary Wound Care Course (IIWWCC)
- Nurses Specialized in Wound, Ostomy and Continence Canada (NSWOCC)
- University of Toronto Master of Science in Community Health and Wound Healing
- University of Hertfordshire Master of Science Clinical Skin Integrity and Wound Management
- University of Western Ontario Master of Clinical Science in Wound Healing
- Cardiff University Master of Science in Wound Healing
- Wounds Canadas Sharp Super Program
- Wound Care Champion Program. Institute (WOC Institute) Skin Wellness Associate (SWAN) Program
- Ability to navigate various electronic health records, proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and access database.
- Collaborative team player
- Sound judgment and decision-making abilities
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- As this is a provincial service, travel will be required and access to transportation and a valid driver’s license are conditions of employment.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive salary, NSHEPP pension & benefits package
- Opportunities for growth and development
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This posting will remain open until January 23rd 2023.
As an organization that supports a diverse workplace, Igility/HANS welcomes people from all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, age, religion, physical and mental abilities, family status, and political belief and affiliation.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.