Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Permanent, Full Time
About Saint Vincent’s
Saint Vincent’s Nursing Home is a not-for-profit, community-governed, accredited continuing care center located in the heart of Halifax. We pride ourselves on our commitment to consistently live our core values of caring, collaboration, respect, accountability, and safety to ensure that residents and their families can expect quality, compassionate care from every member of the Saint Vincent’s community.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the day-to-day operations of Saint Vincent’s Nursing Home in accordance with established Board policies, regulatory and legislative requirements, and the strategic and operational objectives of the home. We are seeking a dynamic leader who motivates others and fosters and environment that supports Resident and Family-Centered care in alignment with the organization’s mission, vision, and values. Additional details of the role include:
- Reports to the Board on matters related to ongoing operations of the organization and provides updates on progress towards achieving key performance indicators.
- Effectively leads the management team ensuring strategic objectives are met.
- Works collaboratively with the union on matters related to interpreting and applying collective bargaining agreements and oversees the bargaining process on behalf of the organization.
- Acts as a liaison with external stakeholders (government, community, healthcare agencies etc.) and demonstrates the organization’s values when communicating and advocating with these stakeholders.
- Leads the development of the annual budget, the capital planning process, and the annual fundraising campaign.
- Monitors the Board approved budget, ensuring adequate control and accounting of all funds and sound financial practices based on best practices are maintained.
- Ensures compliance with internal and external requirements, including the accreditation process, workplace standards, employment laws, and provincial licensing.
What we are looking for:
- Master’s Degree in Health Administration or equivalent is required.
- At least five years of experience in a senior management position is required.
- Knowledge and experience related to working in the long-term care sector, health care system, and caring for older adults and those who are vulnerable in our population.
- Holds a vision of optimal care based on current best practices.
- Models the competencies associated with transformative leadership.
- Communicates effectively, fosters collaboration, and works consultatively.
- Creates an environment that supports Resident and Family-Centred Care in alignment with the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Excellent written, oral and public speaking skills.
- Skilled in cost benefit analysis, financial management, and experience overseeing large projects.
What we offer:
We offer a competitive salary/benefits package including NSHEPP pension.
Application Process & Deadline:
igility, a subsidiary of Health Association Nova Scotia has partnered with Saint Vincent’s to recruit for this opportunity.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This posting will remain open until end of day February 14th 2023.
As an organization that supports a diverse workplace, Saint Vincent’s welcomes people from all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, age, religion, physical and mental abilities, family status, and political belief and affiliation.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our selection process, the qualified applicants chosen for a potential interview will be contacted for a pre-interview discussion.