Permanent, Full Time
About Hearing & Speech Nova Scotia:
Hearing and Speech Nova Scotia (HSNS), established under the N.S. Society’s Act in 1963, is responsible for providing audiology services to Nova Scotians of all ages, and speech-language pathology (SLP) services to preschool children, home schooled children, and adults. HSNS delivers integrated and standardized provincial services, in collaboration with its partners in 35 clinic sites, located in over 25 communities.
About the Role:
Reporting to the CEO, the Executive role provides advanced administrative support to the CEO and Board of Directors in accordance with HSNS standards, policies, and values. This position is responsible for the overall coordination of the planning, development, and implementation of the activities of the CEO and Board of Directors.
Additional details about the role include:
- Serves as initial contact person for the CEO and acts as the principal liaison between CEO and government and other external stakeholders.
- Coordinates with internal and external contacts, including regional, provincial and national contacts, regarding provision of information, coordinating meetings and other bookings.
- Manages, secures, and retrieves sensitive files (paper and electronic) and documentation.
- Prepares, formats, and maintains documents, reports, manuals, presentations, and specific information using various computer programs and databases.
- Prepares, tracks, and distributes organizational policy and communications from the senior leadership team.
- Facilitates the organization and implementation of department-wide and province-wide events including room bookings, invitation to participants, technology setup.
- Schedules and prioritizes the CEO’s calendar and travel requirements.
- Maintains filing system, policy/procedure record keeping, data collection and retention systems for the Board.
- Works collaboratively with other administrative professionals as part of a collective team.
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of five years related experience providing support at the executive level.
- Successful completion of a recognized business/secretarial/office administrative program.
- Experience working in an office environment and providing support at the executive level.
- Experience in working with a board of directors.
- Familiarity with government offices and protocols.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Desktop Publishing.
- Takes proactive view and anticipates change and need for action.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to manage a high work volume and produce quality product and services.
- Familiar with risk management & governance processes
- Exceptional judgement and discretion, oral and written communication, interpersonal skills,
What we offer:
We offer a competitive compensation package, pension plan, health & dental benefits, and the opportunity for a flexible work schedule.
Application Process & Deadline:
igility, a subsidiary of Health Association Nova Scotia, has partnered with HSNS to recruit for this opportunity.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by email to: email@example.com
This posting will remain open until end of day May 25th 2023.
As an organization that supports a diverse workplace, HSNS welcomes people from all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, age, religion, physical and mental abilities, family status, and political belief and affiliation.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our selection process, the qualified applicants chosen for a potential interview will be contacted for a pre-interview discussion.